Cross-industry optimization of production processes
with machine vision and non-destructive measuring and testing technology
As a result of the Covid-19 crisis, all industrial sectors are currently suffering from enormous cost pressure and increasing risks (including the implementation of hygiene regulations, reduced demand, rising raw material prices, etc.) Therefore there is a need for higher efficiency in production and the optimization of production processes. However, companies are often unsure which technologies are suitable for this. In addition, there are current technological developments, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence or Big Data, which have already been implemented in some industries, but are only just at the beginning in many other areas.
At the Fraunhofer Solution Days, the digital Fraunhofer event from November 2020 to October 2021, Fraunhofer's Business Unit Vision is therefore presenting a cross-industry »Inline Quality Inspection Checkup« to support companies in optimizing their production and quality assurance processes.
The »Inline Quality Inspection Checkup« is on display at the Fraunhofer Business Unit Vision stand in the hall Maschinen- und Anlagenbau and consits, among others, of the following steps and measures:
- Process acquisition and visualization and potential analysis for the use of inline-capable non-contact measuring and testing technologies
- Thematic introduction to modern methods of optical measuring and testing technology as well as industry 4.0 or NDT/NDE 4.0
- Derivation of a catalog of measures with cost-benefit estimation for concrete implementation
- Identification of alternative courses of action to derive short, medium and long-term realization measures
- Expert support throughout the entire development cycle of the implementation of agreed measures, etc.
- In the field of NDT 4.0, the focus is also on the integration of intelligent sensor systems into existing network structures through interface standards such as OPC UA and DICONDE.